Is that song stuck in your head now? I can’t get it out of my headddddd. Living in a lonely wooooorld. Ha!
Anyways, have you been wondering why my posts are so spastic these days? I can’t get it together I tell you! Please send help! 😉 But for reals. I really feel like I need an assistant between getting our house set up and my blog and working and the holidays there just aren’t enough hours in the day!! But I look forward to getting back to my routine this weekend and week once Riley goes back to school and I have my mornings to myself again! Woohoo!! The hubs and I had this week off and were able to relax and get things done around the house and spend time with our families and friends which has been so great. I didn’t get everything one on my list but maybe it was a tad unrealistically long, ha. Like one thing was shooting all my looks for January with Brooke for the blog and I didn’t get a single outfit styled, oops! I can only do so much and I’m learning to give myself some grace and know that I can’t do it all all the time. 🙂 But thanks for following along anyways!
Photos: Green Eyes Imaging
|Leith Cardigan|M and Em’s tee|Free People Slip|TopShop Leather Leggings– 30% off!!|Sam Edelman Booties| Street Level Tote– ON SALE!!|Wristology Watch– 20% off with code ‘glitter20’ at checkout|JCrew Factory Link Bracelet|ILYCouture Double Pearl Earrings|Forever 21 Pearl Bracelets|Alex and Ani Mermaid, Feather, Pineapple,French Royalty, LA, Dog, Beaded Bracelet|Kate Spade Glitter Bangle|Charming Charlie Flower Bracelet|MAC ‘Rebel’ Lipstick|
If you live in the Midwest you’re all about the layers just like me! Lucky for us we had a super mild December and rarely had to wear our coats which was soo nice!! But coat or not you will find me with as many layers on as I can wear during the Winter because I’m always so cold! I don’t know what I would do without my Free People slips, I have both black and white and wear them year round with everything. They’re seriously the best!! I highly recommend them for an extra layer of cuteness to your outfits! 🙂 Also M and Em’s has the cutest graphic tees and I def own too many, oops. #sorrynotsorry Make sure you stop in and scoop some up for yourself if you’re ever in the Northwest Suburbs or find yourself in Glen Ellyn! They have the best gifts and accessories and home decor and clothes, etc. You get the picture. Also they sell Alex and Ani which we all know is one of my faves!!
Since this is the first post of 2016 I wanted to make sure to share some of my hopes and resolutions and plans for the year ahead with you all!
Blog: Purpose is my theme this year.
- I hope to continue to inspire women to feel great about themselves without having to spend lots of money.
- I hope to empower women to love themselves and others better. Not sure how but that is always in the back of my mind when I’m blogging.
- I hope to provide some fun DIY home decor ideas that don’t break the bank.
- I hope to collaborate with some other awesome brands and bring you all the best style/product ideas.
- I plan to stick to my schedule and balance my life/blog better. Working smarter not harder.
Personal: Patience and Intentionality (I think I made this word up) are my themes this year.
- I continue to pray that this is the year the hubs and I become parents. I know we are ready and have lots of love to give. It seems impossible to think we could still become parents this year since 2016 is upon us but I know we serve a big God and nothing is impossible to Him.
- I hope to be a better wife and friend this year. Putting others before myself and not so easily loosing my patience.
- I hope to be a better nanny to Riley this year. Coming up with some fun new ideas to balance fun and learning and to not loose patience when he drives me loco. 😉
- I plan to take our emotional, spiritual and physical health more seriously this year which means getting intentional and organized and holding each other accountable. We’re starting a new couples devo that I am really excited about.
- I want to make our home a refuge for all that come through our doors; whether it’s for a coffee or a cocktail, a quiet conversation, or a dip in the pool. I want our home to know more laughter than sorrow, more noise than quiet and to be well lived in. Our doors are always open and I hope all who know us feel welcome to stop by whenever! As someone who struggles with anxiety having a peaceful home is so important to me and it was the best compliment the other day when the hubs and I were sitting on the couch and he turned to me and said “this is the most relaxed I’ve been in a long time.” That’s been my goal as I decorate to have it be calming and comfortable. 🙂
These ramblings aren’t all inclusive of what I hope to get out of this year but I am looking forward to all that is in store. And like I said on Instagram earlier, I know the plans God has for us are infinitely better that what I have listed here. I know this year will be filled with waiting and working on my patience in all areas. It has really been on my heart that I need to work on this attribute so I mean it when I say patience is the theme of 2016. What are your goals/hopes/dreams for the year? Comment below, I would love to hear them! Thank you again for all your support in 2014 and 2015! Cheers to the best year yet!!
“I feel a new beginning coming towards me and I am running to it with open arms.”