Sorry for the inconsistency in posting lately! It’s been crazy with the move and the holiday and me hurting my back. I feel like my life is all over the place and since my clothes and accessories are mostly still in boxes I haven’t taken any outfit pics lately so I’m working on getting my life and blog back in order. Please bare with me! 🙂 But today I wanted to share some of my favorite pics from our recent Christmas card shoot and some how to-s on picking out the best outfits and where you can still take advantage of #cybermonday deals on Christmas cards through tomorrow.
Photos: LEA Photography
Me: |similar turtle neck here and here|J.Crew Factory Skirt, this is also adorable|cute tights here and here|Anne Klein Boots| love this pearl statement necklace|Marleylilly Bracelet|J.Crew Factory Bracelet|Forever 21 Pearl Bracelets|Charming Charlie Flower Bracelet|similar Charming Charlie Watch|similar Christmas bow earrings here|Mac ‘Rebel’ Lipstick|
So for our pictures I wanted it to be holiday inspired and cozy without being too over the top Christmas-y. Here are some pointers for planning pics and outfits for you and your family.
- Color schemes– you can start by picking a neutral and building off of that- like everyone wears white/gray/black or pick something like red to incorporate in small amounts for everyone- like Roo’s red bow
- Patterns– if you want to incorporate a pattern like plaid for example- do it small doses, my skirt is the main plaid piece so I chose a coordinating but NOT matching plaid for the hubs that would peek out a little bit but not compete or clash- make sure you stay in the same color palette you chose originally
- Style– make sure your outfits look like you’re all going to the same event. If one person is really dressed up then everyone else needs to follow suit. We went with a more dressed up casual style for ours.
- Props– Props are cute to show personality but make sure they make sense with the scene you are creating. Furniture, blankets, food and drink make the most sense as well as signs and maybe some decor if it’s for Christmas. Unless you’re doing an entire styled shoot don’t go overboard.
- Smiles– practice some smiles before you get there so you aren’t awkward. Relax and have fun. It will show in your photos if you’re actually happy or not!
Deals deals deals!!
- Minted: 20% off holiday cards until tomorrow with code ‘cm2015‘ + free shipping when you sign up for e-mails (first timers only)
- Tiny Prints: up to 50% off holiday cards until tomorrow with code ‘cybermon50′ + free shipping on orders $49+ with code ‘freeship49‘
- Shutterfly: 50% off orders of $149+, 40% off orders of $49+, 30% off orders under $49 with code ‘cybersave‘ until tomorrow + free shipping on orders of $49+ with code ‘ship49
- Forever 21– 20% off when you spend $100 with code ‘holiday20‘, 10% off when you spend $60 with code ‘holiday10‘ + free shipping on orders of $30+
- J.Crew Factory– 40% clearance with code ‘extra40‘
- Old Navy– 30% off with code ‘extragift‘ + free shipping
I can’t make up my mind on which photo to use! Any suggestions?! Maybe I’ll have to choose a layout that has a couple if I can’t narrow it down haha. I’m shooting some holiday party looks tomorrow so if you have something in mind you’d like to see make sure to comment below or send me a message on any of my social networks! 🙂 Thanks for stopping by and go take advantage of these Christmas cards deals while they’re still around!
“Do it now. Sometimes later becomes never.”