I promised I would share my taco dip recipe with you all after I made it for the Superbowl and here it is! Sorry it took so long to post! IDK where the time goes. This last week has been crazy with my sister in law getting married and taking care of a sick pup so I just didn’t have the energy in me to blog anything! Not getting sleep 3 nights in a row does not agree with me, apparently! Ha!
Anyways, the great thing about layered dips is you can add and subtract things however you like and still make a delicious appetizer! I make mine a tiny but differently every time but pretty much stick to this general recipe. Quick and easy for whatever party or girls night you have coming up! Here’s what you need!
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 16oz can black refried beans
- 1 container sour cream
- 4 medium/large avocados
- juice of a lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese
- 1 bunch fresh green onion, sliced
- half a head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 container fresh pico de gallo or a jar of salsa
- Heat up refried bean and mix in half the packet of taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream and the rest of the taco seasoning. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash up peeled and seeded avocados. Add lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped red onion, garlic powder, and fresh pepper. Set aside.
- In a 9×13 pan, evenly spread the beans on the bottom.
- Evenly spread the sour cream layer on top of the beans.
- Next layer on the guacamole on top of the sour cream.
- Then cover the guacamole with the pico de gallo.
- After that comes the lettuce on top of the pico.
- Layer on all the cheese over the lettuce.
- Top with sliced green onions and chopped tomatoes.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did! Side note: most of my recipes originally called for a small amount of salt but I always modify it without because we try to be light on the sodium over here as much as possible. So that’s why salt is in the first picture, feel free to add a pinch to the guacamole if you feel so inclined.
This quote is like my new mantra so I thought I would share it. Be present. Be aware. Be responsible.
“Please take responsibility for the energy you bring into this space.”
Dr. Jill Bolte-Taylor
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful night!