I am so excited to share this delicious and easy recipe with you all! I don’t know about you but cooking stuffed peppers has totally always freaked me out so I had never done it before the other day, because it just seemed impossible. But when I was meal planning for the week I was like ok I can do this, what’s the worst that can happen!? I ruin them and we just have salad? No biggie! Right?! Doing stuff that scares us makes us stronger, even if it’s just vegetables, so after reading a couple recipes I made my list and headed to the grocery store.
Here’s what you need!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 20-25
Total time: Under 45!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (2 cups uncooked will give you a little extra to make 7 peppers vs 6)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 16oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 16oz diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6-7 bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion and chili powder, pepper to taste.
- Spoon the filling into each bell pepper cavity to the top. Place on prepared baking dish, cavity side up, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 20-25 minutes. (Otherwise the beans dry out)
- Serve immediately.
We loved these peppers and they turned out great! Madelyn 1-Peppers 0! Ha! 🙂 They were super filling too which is great because I LOVE leftovers! Riley thought they were delicious but he prefers sweet foods if he had a choice, ha he wishes I served sweets at lunch! A couple things I would change for next time, a little more chili powder and cilantro. The original recipe calls for a can of green chilies which I only took out because I forgot them, oops. So they would have more spice with the chilies for sure. Have you figured out that we love spice over here yet?! The best! I hope you love them as much as we did!
101 things in 1001 days: update
- So for the hubs for Christmas I finally changed my name to his so switching over e-mails and getting organized has taken awhile, but I am officially operating out of my new e-mail, woot!
- Giving gifts is one of my love languages so I will definitely accede the ’10 surprise package sending’ goal I gave myself but it’s still so great! I see goodies when I’m out shopping all the time that remind me of some of my favorite people and why not buy it and send it to make their day!? I dare you to do it! I’m 2/10 and it’s so fun!
Spread some of your sparkle around, you won’t regret it! Go buy someone coffee, send some ‘galentines’ love in the mail, drop of fresh baked anything just because.
“No one has ever become poor by giving…”
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!