If you keep up with me on instagram (madelyncole) then you know by now the hubs and I love mason jars. We used them often for drinking out of and I love using them for storage. Bonus they fit in your car’s cup holders so it’s great to keep in the car for when you need a snack! I refuse to buy pre-made trail mix or nut mix because it is so much more cost effective to make and store it yourself.
I also don’t keep many sweets in the house, one because they aren’t good for you and two we don’t have much self-control around here.
The perks of a chocolate mix is you only eat a little after an occasional dinner for that “I just need a little chocolate,” fix. I do keep my baking cabinet relatively stocked though because you never know when you might need to bake a little something or want an after dinner cookie. 😉 Which leads me to this delicious mostly healthy “cookie!”
- 2 Ripe Bananas, Mashed
- 1/3 C. Peanut Butter (I used unsalted & creamy)
- 2/3 C. Applesauce (I used original)
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 C. Old Fashioned Oats (I used gluten free)
- 1/4 C. Nuts (I used nut toppings)
- 1/4 C. Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Mix together the bananas, peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and spices.
- Add in the oats, nuts, chocolate chips; stir until well combined.
- Spoon a rounded 2 tbsp. of the cookie mixture onto the lined baking sheet, leaving an inch or two between each and flatten slightly. I placed a few more chocolate chips on top of each cookie. Bake for 20-30 minutes and allow to cool slightly.
These were so good and tasted sweet but healthy. I don’t even feel guilty potentially eating a couple for breakfast! #dontjudge! What other “healthy cookies” do I need to try!? I love trying new recipes!
30 days of thanks: day 11
Today I am so thankful that I get the opportunity to teach Riley important life lessons and even more thankful when he reminds me of them later. We dropped off soup and french bread to our friends who were sick today and when we pulled back into the driveway he looks at me and says, “it’s good to take care of our friends!” I just thought that was so sweet that he was able to remember me saying that and see that it is an important part of having friendships. I hope that he will continue to show kindness the rest of his life! Especially because he informed me today he is going to be a singer, “Riley Mason and the Brown Bears” and I am going to have his CD and rock out to his jams. “Like Taylor Swift but boy voices.” #cantwait #singershouldbenicetoo
As always thanks for stopping by! Do something nice for someone in your life this week because it’s so important that we take care of each other! #spreadthesparkle