I haven’t done a recipe post in for-ev-er but really wanted to share one of my absolute faves today for a little quick and easy cooking how to. Don’t get me wrong I am by no means an amazing cook and I tend to just make things up as I go along butttt this spinach pie is fool-proof so have no fear! Also it’s really easy to customize with your own favorite ingredients because you just bake it all in and call it a day. #win I can’t take any credit for this recipe but I will take credit for making it and eating it in lots of variations for years, that’s something, right? 😉 Me and my girlfriends all loveeee this recipe!
One of my favorite people on the planet is an amazing cook and came up with this recipe as well as a million other ones that are all to-die-for and actually has a couple of restaurants down in KY that you NEED to check out if you are ever anywhere new Louisville, read the best cocktails of your life! Rye and the newest, Galaxie will knock your socks off, check them out and make sure to say hiiiii to Erin and Michael! Ok ok moving on to the recipe for this bad boy.
- 1.5 c flour
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 c butter
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Mix the flour and salt together with a fork
- Add in butter diced with hands until crumbly-like a coarse meal
- Make a well in the center and crack 1 egg into the well
- Add 3 tbsp cold water and mix in until just combined
- Roll out (using flour if needed) OR press into a pie pan (pressing in is easier)
- Fork and bake in a pie pan for about 5 minutes at 365
Spinach Pie Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 1 (16oz) frozen chopped spinach, drained and dried!
- 1c cottage cheese
- ¾-1c pesto
- 1 heaping c. feta cheese
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt (optional)
- grated nutmeg
- Lightly beat eggs in a large bowl
- Mix all ingredients together – breaking spinach apart so it is well mixed in (very important to dry out spinach sufficiently).
- Pour into crust
- Bake at 365 for about 45-1hour….until the center is not jiggly when you shake it (off) jk this isn’t a Taylor Swift Recipe 😉
- Slice and enjoy! We like ours paired with a giant salad at dinner or fruit for brunch/lunch.
How easy was that? I told it was fool-proof! Are you drooling yet? This is the perfect weekday dinner or weekend lunch recipe when you want something delish but don’t want to spend all day/night in the kitchen aka me everrrryday. HA! But seriously this spinach pie so good! If you like spice like I do add a little jalapeno to the ingredients, delish but totally optional! 🙂 I am always on the hunt for new recipes so share your favorite after work meal(s) below and let me know if you try the pie!
Thanks for stopping by!
“An apron is just a cape on backwards.”