So this update is a little late but it’s better then never, right?? First of all, thank you all so much for the sweet words on my first Mother’s Day Sunday! It was so fun to be included in the celebration! The hubs started my day off with a dozen roses and yummy donuts and a card, it was so sweet! I’ve been waiting my whole life to be a mom so it’s so amazing that I finally get too! Yay!!!
Anyways, somewhere in between week 13 and 14 my little bump turned up! It’s so crazy! There is no hiding it now let me tell you! 🙂 I literally woke up one morning and was like oh hello there baby! And it hasn’t stopped growing ever since! 😉Week 14:
- Baby is the size of a beet
- My bump has appeared
- Nausea is finally gone!
- Traveled for the first time pregnant ( Can you say anxiety!?)
- Baby is the size of an avocado
- I’m starving 24/7
- Still so tired
- We scheduled our 20 week ultrasound- May 27! Can. Not. Wait!
- Felt baby move twice so far
- Baby is the size of a dill pickle
- I’m feeling more flutters
- I have some energy back finally
- I can eat spice again
- There is no hiding the bump
I also went blonde on week 16! I can’t control my body these days (I’ve officially gained 10 pounds, yikes) but at least I can control my hair! 🙂 It’s so fun to have a lighter hair color going into the Summer! Thanks, Meghan!!
Symptoms/body nonsense these last few weeks:
- Skin sensitivity and redness-continued
- On and off constipation-continued
- Very vivid dreams-continued (2 boy and 2 girl dreams)
- Constant trips to the bathroom-continued (at least 2 times at night, sometimes up to 4, I don’t see myself sleeping through the night for the next year, ha)
- Heat sensitivity-continued
- Rollercoaster emotions-continued
- Pregnancy brain-continued-the struggle is real let me tell you
- Weight gain and general body enlargement- face/back/hips/waist/legs/belly- which calls for some new clothes, holding off on maternity as long as I can
- Increased hair growth, go figure it’s everywhere ACCEPT my head
- SO HUNGRY! I feel like I eat constantly and I have to eat a good sized snack/protein shake before bed or my stomach will wake me up at night, but for reals
- Lots of back pain during the day and at night-thank God for this pregnancy pillow, I highly recommend it
- Noticeably more veins on my legs
- Cellulite on my thighs-so cute, not
I think that’s about all that craziness that’s been going on over here lately. Pregnancy is the hardest and craziest and coolest thing I have ever gone through and I still have to do a double take when I see my new body in the mirror most days but at least I know that the baby is thriving and growing since so am I! 😉 Keep the prayers coming that this baby stays put and keeps growing! We’re so excited to find out more details about the baby at our ultrasound as well as the gender! Ah!! Any guesses out there? It’s pretty split on what our family and friends are guessing so we’ll see!
I hope you all have a great Wednesday and thanks for stopping by for the latest bump-date! 🙂
“The pain that you’ve been feeling can’t compare to the joy that is coming.”