If you’ve been around for awhile you know that I used to share some of my current favorite things on Fridays and since I haven’t done that in awhile I thought sharing my favorite things from the month of April would be fun AND they’re ALL under $50! These are all products that I use almost every single day and couldn’t help but rave about. My girl Nicole and I decided to collaborate on our April faves so she also shared her April favorites today over on her Youtube channel which you should totally check out, here. It’s also her birthday this week so go make sure to leave her some love!! 🙂 She vlogs (vlog = video+blog) about life and style and make-up and nutrition, just to name a few and has some awesome tips! I will def be purchasing her color correcting monthly recommendation due to my crazy preggo skin these days, you’ll have to watch the video for all the deats! 😉
I don’t know about you but I love reading and watching reviews from other ladies on products before I buy them or even just to learn about some items I might want to buy later on. I hope you like our reviews! If you ever have anything you’re wanting to get a review on feel free to comment on the post and let me know! I love new ideas! 🙂
- BeMaternity Bellaband– Helllooo pregnancy and wardrobe lifesaver! I started getting super bloated around 11 weeks and could no longer button my pants so this has been so needed. You can wear it up high over your entire belly or fold it over your waist band to keep your pants up. I’m carrying pretty high (we’ll see if the wives tale of high means girl rings true or not) but because I have suddenly grown a butt none of my pants button or zipper at this point, so glamorous, I know. 😉 In order to avoid buying maternity jeans as long as possible I would def recommend getting one of these! We’ll see how far into my pregnancy it works but I’ve worn it almost every single day the last 5.5 weeks and gotten my $16 worth! 🙂
- It Cosmetics CC cream in Light– So I mentioned this on Instagram a couple weeks ago and I am still loving it! I’ve always had sensitive skin but pregnancy has brought on a lot more redness and skin issues and I needed to switch to something that focused on evening out and color correcting skin tones. I love this a lot and for the price it really works. It is a more light weight option so girls who don’t love the heavy foundation look or feel will really like this. I normally go for a full coverage option but for my needs right now this is really great. It sets all day with my tried and true setting powder as well.
- It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye in Light– I also mentioned this on Instagram and it has done wonders for my beautiful under eye circles these days, oh the joys of pregnancy! 😉 It absolutely has to be set or it will crease before you’re even done with your make-up. It’s a pretty thick consistency and is only for your under eye areas so don’t swap it out with the concealer you use on the rest of your face. The only draw back I’ve had is my mascara does run on it a little which is annoying but I still think the product is worth it to cover up my circles.
- Color Pop Highlighter in Spoon– You guys this is THE prettiest highlighter I have EVER used and it is SO cheap, like $8 cheap! It’s super pigmented and the cream consistency builds right over the makeup you already have on. But be careful to not rub it on your face or it will blend and separate your foundation a little. I use my blush brush to lightly apply it to my cheekbones, bridge of my nose, under my eyebrows and where ever else I want to highlight that day. The color is so pretty with lighter and darker skin tones and I highly recommend it! I’m also planning to try out their lip stain so stay tuned for that review.
- TooFaced La Creme in Mean Girls– OMG I love this lipstick; it’s creamy and highly pigmented and so sparkly! You can wear it alone or pair it with a similar color gloss on top. I have worn it almost everyday since I bought it and actually my next few outfit pics for the blog I’m only wearing this lipstick! There are TONS of shades out there so go swatch some and see what you love! I think this bright fuchsia is perfect for Spring/Summer and the price is pretty average for a good quality lipstick. Highly recommend.
- Dior Ultra Gloss in Tell Me Dior 369– This pretty pink gloss pairs so well over tons of my lipstick colors but especially over my latest Dior shade. The combo is so pretty for everyday and I have def found myself loving the more laid back look on my lips more and more. Don’t get me wrong I still looove my bright colors but there is something so pretty about a subtle pink lip combo.
- Rouge Dior Nude in Swan 263– This lipstick is perfection. It’s almost the exact shade of my lips so it’s ideal for everyday wear. Everyone should have a lipstick similar to their lip color because it enhances your lips without being over the top AND is a great foundation for lots of gloss colors. I wear it alone and with pink colors regularly. I love that I don’t have to worry about my lips drying out with Dior lipstick like I do with MAC and Nars. Totally worth every penny.
- Dior Addict Gloss in Fancy 686– It’s no secret that Dior makes some AMAZING beauty products and while they are on the pricier side you won’t be disappointed. This fuchsia gloss is so pretty over my Mean Girls lipstick, Schiap, Candy Yum Yum and by itself. It’s decently pigmented and I love the sparkle. It can easily be worn alone for an everyday gloss option.
- Bedhead Curling Wand– This tool is the secret to my curling success! I love this wand and it does an amazing job! If you’ve been looking for a wand I highly recommend it! I have the tapered 1” wand and it makes really pretty curls. I curl my entire head one or two times a week and just have to touch up a couple curls occasionally but can get 3 days if not 4 days of curls/waves from this baby. I will be posting a tutorial with my wand and the rest of my hair products in this post on my channel so stay tuned for that but in the mean time if you don’t have a wand this one is A+. Plus it’s a great deal. You don’t need to break the bank to find great styling tools.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo– This is the dry shampoo I’ve used for years. It’s cheap and smells good and doesn’t leave a white color in your hair like some brands do. I’m sure you’ve heard of it or use it yourself so I don’t have to say much other then get it, everyone needs dry shampoo in their life. Stop over washing your hair and save yourself some time in the morning! 😉 You’ll thank me I promise!
- Conair Styling Comb– So I’m a total cheapo when it comes to hair care and when I find something that is cheap AND works well I don’t really change my routine. This is my second exact same comb and I love it. It’s great for section off your hair with the wand/stick end and the teeth do a great job of pumping up the volume. I have really fine hair so I need a good teasing to give myself ANY hope of volume. I’m sure there’s tons of great combs out there but for under $5 you can’t beat this one.
- Bumble and Bumble All Style Blow Dry– This product is a must have to protect your hair from heat damage from blow drying! The tube will last you a long time since you only need a little bit to run throughout your hair before your blow dry. It will help get your hair ready to style and prolong the life of your blow dry and style. Plus it fights against frizz which is so fab! There’s a reason behind the Bumble and Bumble hype; their products really work!
- Bumble and Bumble Styling Lotion– I spray this all over my hair after the blow dry product but before I blow dry my hair. It will give your hair more movement and give you more styling control as well. The trick to great hair is quality products before you ever even do ANY heat styling! This is a new thing I just learned and it is SO true!
- Kevin Murphy Do-Over Spray– I love this finishing spray! It’s my last step after hairspray and styling just to set my curls or braids or whatever style I have going on for the day. One bottle will last you a long time and it also smells great which is so nice when you are covering your hair with 5 different things everyday. He also makes an awesome dry shampoo if you want to try that instead of the Batiste I mentioned earlier. Both are amazing.
- Bumble and Bumble Does It All Hair Spray– I love this hairspray. It doesn’t make your hair crunchy or sticky and it makes your style last. I highly recommend it! Just like the rest of the Bumble products I mentioned this as well has a good smell to it, apparently smell is important to me? Ha! Maybe the heightened pregnancy smell is part it! 😉
- Conair Styling Clips– These clips work so great for sectioning off your hair when you’re styling it. They don’t slip and really grip even fine hair. Plus you get 12 for under $5 so if you’re like me and loose them or break them these will last you a long time! They’re a great addition to any kind of hair styling that you do!
So much pink and I love them all! 🙂
What do you think of my April faves? Have you tried any of them? I would love to hear your thoughts below! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!
“She has a way with words, red lipstick and making an entrance.”